|Page (1) of 1 - 08/02/17||email article||print page|
DMN Newswire--2017-8-2--Blackmagic Design today announced that more than 25 of the 2017 summer season's worldwide film releases used numerous Blackmagic Design products during production and post, including a range of its digital film cameras, Fusion Studio visual effects (VFX) and motion graphics software, DaVinci Resolve Studio editing, color correction and audio post production application and more.
DP Jas Shelton took advantage of the Pocket Cinema Camera's compact form factor for specialty shots for "The House," while Editor Alan Edward Bell used Fusion Studio to create performance enhancing VFX while editing "The Dark Tower." DaVinci Resolve Studio continues to be the go-to application for many of the world's leading colorists and post production facilities, such as Deluxe's Company 3 with "Alien: Covenant" and "Wonder Woman" and Goldcrest Post with "My Cousin Rachel," among others.
The summer films that used Blackmagic Design products include:
- "Beatriz at Dinner" VFX Supervisor George Loucas of BakedFX used DaVinci Resolve Studio for select post work;
- "Blood Feast" DP Roland Freitag used a Production Camera 4K to shoot the film;
- "The Dark Tower" Editor Alan Edward Bell used Fusion Studio for select editing work;
- "A Ghost Story" post team used a Pocket Cinema Camera for several VFX shots;
- "The House" DP Jas Shelton used a Pocket Cinema Camera to shoot select scenes;
- "The Little Hours" Editor Ryan Brown used an UltraStudio Mini Monitor for Thunderbolt-based playback;
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" used Pocket Cinema Cameras for certain action shots;
- "Un, Deux, Trois" DP Mathieu Gari used a Pocket Cinema Camera to shoot the film; and
- "Unlocked" DP George Richmond used Pocket Cinema Cameras to shoot select scenes.
For DIT Work:
- "Beatriz at Dinner" DP Wyatt Garfield used a workflow supported by an UltraStudio for playback, HDLinks for monitoring and a Smart Videohub for routing;
- "The Mummy" DIT Francesco Sauta used DaVinci Resolve Studio, DaVinci Resolve and Smart Videohub 12x12 for on-set grading and film camera matching;
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" DIT Francesco Sauta used DaVinci Resolve Studio, DaVinci Resolve and Smart Videohub 12x12 for on-set grading and DIT work;
- "Transformers: The Last Knight" DITs Steve Freebairn and Zach Hilton of Freehill Productions used Universal Videohub 72x72 and Smart Videohub 12x12, a SmartScope Duo monitor, DaVinci Resolve Studio, various DeckLink PCIe cards and Mini Converters for engineering, data management and 3D signaling;
- "Unlocked" DIT Joshua Callis-Smith used DaVinci Resolve Studio for on-set grading; and
- "War for the Planet of the Apes" 2nd Unit DIT Mark Allan used an UltraStudio Express capture and playback device, HDLinks and DaVinci Resolve Studio for on-set grading and DIT work.
For Color Grading using DaVinci Resolve Studio:
- "Alien: Covenant" by Colorist Stephen Nakamura of Deluxe's Company 3;
- "Bad Buzz" by Colorist Guillaume Lips;
- "Beach Rats" by Colorist Nat Jencks;
- "The Big Sick" by Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective at Technicolor PostWorks;
- "Blood Feast" by Colorist Mathias Geck;
- "The Book of Henry" by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe's Company 3;
- "Djam" by Colorist Olivier Dassonville for Lumières Numériques;
- "A Ghost Story" by Colorist Joe Malina;
- "Girls Trip" by Colorist Andrew Francis of Sixteen19;
- "The Hero" by Colorist Mike Howell of Color Collective;
- "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power" by Colorist Leo Hallal;
- "Landline" by Colorist Joe Gawler of Harbor Picture Company;
- "Mil Coses Que Faria Per Tu" by Colorist Toni Anglada of DELA, which also used DaVinci Resolve Studio for conforming and online editing;
- "The Mummy" by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe's Company 3;
- "My Cousin Rachel" by Colorist Adam Glasman of Goldcrest Post, which also used DaVinci Resolve Studio for conforming and online editing;
- "Nur ein Tag" by Colorist Felix Hüsken of Farbkult;
- "Tigermilch" by Colorist Claudia Gittel;
- "Un, Deux, Trois" by Colorist Alexandra Pocquet;
- "Wallay" by Colorist Gadiel Bendelac for Lumières Numériques; and
- "Wonder Woman" by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe's Company 3.
Product photos of Production Camera 4K, Pocket Cinema Camera, Fusion Studio, DaVinci Resolve Studio, DaVinci Resolve, SmartScope Duo, UltraStudio, DeckLink, Videohub, Mini Converters, HDLink and all other Blackmagic Design products are available at www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/images.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world's highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design's DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company's Emmy award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.
& © 2016 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.
All Rights Reserved. Not for sale or duplication.
Universal Pictures. Copyright: © 2017 Universal Studios.
All Rights Reserved.
Transformers: The Last Knight.
Michele K. Short Copyright: © 2017 Universal Studios.
All Rights Reserved.