|Page (1) of 1 - 11/15/12||email article||print page|
Makes State-of-the-Art Restoration Facilities Available to Companies Wanting to Restore Films, TV Shows, Documentaries, Commercials
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Olympusat, Inc., the market leader in the development and distribution of independent television networks with a core focus on the Hispanic market, announced today Olympusat 360, their digital film production facilities for the restoration of classic movies. Olympusat 360 yields the breathtaking results in restoring classic movies. To date Olympusat 360 has restored a robust library of classic Spanish language films. The company is now making these restoration capabilities to new companies wanting to restore films, TV shows, commercials, documentaries, etc.
"Each movie is like a time capsule," said Tom Mohler, President and CEO, Olympusat, Holdings, LLC. "We capture it from the film negative, then turn it into a digital asset, which is forever restored in history -- all while helping to preserve the iconic culture of Mexican and Latin American Cinema."
This is a process that involves hundreds of man-hours per film to restore. The restoration starts with the cleaning and scanning of the negatives, capturing all the images to 2k or 4k, which is much higher resolution than HD with our optical scanners. The captured movies are the restored frame by frame by highly trained and skilled editors, aided by highly sophisticated software. After the movies are restored, which can take weeks even with a team working 24 hours a day, the movie is sent to color correction, where the colors are made to look as good or better than the original movie. Finally, it is sent to our audio correction suites, where the audio is synchronized and corrected. The audio correction process itself takes many weeks per film where Olympusat's highly skilled experts do their magic. These films, once completed are definitely better than what audiences saw 40, 50 or 70 years ago.
"We needed classic movies for our new Classic HD film network, Ultra Clásico," adds Albert J. Estrada, Senior Vice President, Business Development, "and we found that none of the movies that we wanted to include on our network were in the proper video and audio condition for HD delivery, so we decided to develop our own facility to master this process. Since then we have restored classic as well as contemporary Spanish language films, which include optical scanning, restoration and color correction."
Olympusat owns one of the largest independent film libraries of Spanish-language films in the world. Olympusat 360 also restores episodic television productions, commercials, independent films and music videos. Examples of classic films that have been restored by Olympusat 360 to date include:
- La Escondida, 1956 film starring María Félix and Pedro Armendariz
- Póker de Ases, 1952 film starring Luis Aguilar
- Las Momias De San Angel, 1973 action film starring Mil Máscaras
- Los Campeones Justicieros, 1971 classic starring Blue Demon and Mil Máscaras
- La Vida No Vale Nada,1954, starring the legendary Mexican actor Pedro Infante
- Carcel De Mujeres, 1951 Mexican movie classic starring Sarita Montiel and Miroslava
- Atacan de las Brujas, 1968, starring the legendary Mexican hero, Santo el Enmascarado de Plata
Olympusat 360 services offered include:
- Scanning: Olympusat's Digital Studios takes in 35MM or 16MM film and evaluates your film's condition. Their seasoned technicians carefully clean the film and prepare it for the HD Scanning using their motion picture film scanning system. Within a few hours from the scanning session, they will have converted the film into a HD-2K or 4K DPX file. They can produce multiple and simultaneous output resolutions and data formats including DPX and all popular QuickTime codecs.
- Restoration: This process removes imperfections in the form of film grain, dust, dirt and scratches, and fixes flicker, registration and weave problems.
- Color Correction: Olympusat's Digital Studios in West Palm Beach, FL provide color correction services with Hollywood-grade output at a fraction of the cost. Their seasoned digital editors work 24/7 on classic and contemporary color correction features, documentaries, series and short films, using DaVinci Resolve color correction software. Through their Fiber Transport Partners, Olympusat 360 provides clients real-time access to their production workflow to ensure that they are meeting their color grading specifications.
- Remastering: Olympusat 360 re-masters classic and contemporary films into multiple formats including HD broadcast & Blu-ray.
Olympusat, Inc. owns, operates and distributes independent linear and non-linear programming networks to the Cable, Satellite, and Telco industries, in addition to multi-platform offerings including mobile, IPTV and broadband networks. The company represents Hispanic, Specialty and Faith & Family networks such as Cine Mexicano, ¡Sorpresa!, Gran Cine, FUNimation Channel, Untamed Sports and Parables. Olympusat is the leading distributor of Hispanic networks in the United States and is the Spanish-language leader in HD linear programming in the United States. Olympusat, Inc. also owns two strategic business units: Olympusat Digital Production, which provides HD optical scanning and restoration services and Olympusat Telecom, which enables broadband solutions and content rich media platforms for entertainment clients. For more information please visit www.olympusat.com.
For further information contact:
E: [email protected]
Copyright @ Marketwire